What People Are Saying
The Financial Fitness Challenge is a financial wellness program focused on personal finance, saving and investing and retirement education and is a version of an award-winning investment education program that utilizes Educated Investor online content, education and methodology. The program receives high praise from participants, sponsors, the media and participating organizations.
What the Press Says
Read what the media has to say about how participating organizations have benefited in the Financial Fitness Challenge and prior programs run by the Educated Investor.
- Employees see big knowledge gains in 2013 Financial Fitness Challenge Employers appreciate actionable content, ease of implementation. Employee Benefit News, September 6, 2013, by Lynn Gresham.
- EBA Financial Fitness Challenge helps remake retirement benefits EBA's 2013 Financial Fitness Challenge is part of adviser Elaine Schamber's strategy to remake retirement benefits for six Indiana school districts. Employee Benefit Adviser, April 1, 2013, by Lynn Gresham.
- Putting in the time pays off Employees log 10,000 hours of financial education in the 2012 EBN-EBA Financial Fitness Challenge. Employee Benefit News, November 1, 2012 by Lynn Gresham.
- Making financial education fun HR pros invest time and effort in EBN-EBA Financial Fitness Challenge to help employees become financially healthy. Employee Benefit News, September 1, 2012, by Lynn Gresham.
- Investors, take your marks EBN-EBA Financial Fitness Challenge begins with more than 10,000 employees. Employee Benefit News, August 1, 2012 by Bruce Shutan.
- Time to get fiscally fit 18 employers, thousands of employees take on the EBN Financial Fitness Challenge. Employee Benefit News, July 1, 2012 by Lynn Gresham.
- 18 employers, thousands of employees take on the EBN Financial Fitness Challenge Thousands of employees will be improving their financial knowledge and pitting their know-how against others in the first EBN Financial Fitness Challenge. Employee Benefit News, May 29, 2012 by Lynn Gresham.
- Financial literacy program yields encouraging results for retirement plan participants Employers may find new success in influencing employees to make smarter financial decisions. Employee Benefit News, September 29, 2011, by Lisa Gillespie.
- 2012 Financial Fitness Challenge Participant Slide Show
- 2013 Financial Fitness Challenge Employer Webinar (PDF)
Awards and Recognition
For three years running, in 2010, 2011 and 2012, the program partners received the Wisconsin Governor’s Award for Financial Education for their work on two related projects.
The 2010 project was called Real Pathways and Progress to Prosperity (RP3), and the 2011 award winner was called Investor Education in Your Workplace®.
University of Wisconsin researchers, Professors Michael Collins and John Hoffmire spearheaded academic research and analysis of the prior programs run by the Educated Investor. Their study included participants and control groups, tracking and reports. Learn more.
96% of participants who complete the program would like to participate again. But don't take our word for it—here is what they say:
"Well run. Well organized. Nice schedule. Weekly progress reports to individual participants that kept them informed. Weekly progress reports to the champions to keep US motivated. Great responsiveness."
"The program was very informative and provided valuable financial information … it will help me with making better choices and have more control over my personal finances."
"Everyone, no matter what age, can benefit from the retirement planning section."
"I liked the online delivery and the weekly status reports. I also liked the format of the course (pre-test, information, post-test)."
"It was very informative on how to deal with the issues that we are facing today in regards to all the age categories as well."
"Course was well put together and made some complicated issues understandable for the layman."
Add your employees to the thousands of participants who have improved their financial IQs and their bottom lines with the highly engaging Financial Fitness Challenge program. Apply Now