How It Works – Program Results
The Investor Education in Your Workplace® program has been proven to yield outstanding results and deliver a high return on investment in finance and investing education.
Participating organizations consistently praise the IEiYW® program. They cite the benefits gained from improved employee knowledge and confidence, including increased employee well-being; loyalty; and improved sales, service and utilization of savings, retirement and investment accounts.
Top Line Program Results
- Almost 16,000 employees and 400 organizations have finished roughly160,000 training hours.
- Up to 40% improvement in knowledge measured through pre- and post-testing.
- Up to 50% improvement in participant attitudes and behaviors as documented by pre- and post-program surveys. Improvements include increasing financial well-being; setting investment goals; implementing a budget; and starting or increasing contributions to 401(k), IRA, or equivalent plans.
- Statistically significant improvements in behaviors, including up to 50% increases in short- and long-term saving and investing activities. Participating credit unions have reported 200–300% growth in helping members learn more about retirement and investing.
- 88% of participants complete the program.
- 91% satisfaction ratings from employees and senior management.
- 91% say they would recommend the program to family and friends.
- 96% say they would like to participate in additional programs.
Bottom Line Benefit for Credit Unions and their Members
Below are links to three case studies explaining the bottom line benefits for credit unions, and their members of providing the technology, tools and content provided by the Educated Investor® for use in the Investor Education in Your Workplace® program.
- Retirement education program helps members save an extra $200 million
- Desert Schools helps members increase retirement savings by over 300%
- Summit Credit Union raises the bar on financial education
“… the enhanced understanding of the benefits of saving and investing learned from the IEiYW® courses has had a tremendous impact on referrals to our Members Financial Services. We had a 62% increase in referrals the month of January year over year comparison resulting in an all-time high in dollars closed.”
Minh McKenzie, VP of sales and service, Community First Credit Union, Wis.
"I would recommend the program to other credit unions because it provides impact both on a personal and a professional level. Personally, we can each take in the information and apply it to our daily lives. Professionally, it helps employees understand more about investing, and then they can share that new knowledge with our members.“
Lori Horstman, education manager, Altra Federal FCU, Wis.
Get Started Today
Add your employees to the almost 16,000 participants who are improving their financial IQs with the highly engaging IEiYW® training program. Register now.